Toasted Quinoa Granola Bars
A tasty snack for those busy days or great to take on a hike.
- 1 ½ c. Oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- ½ c. Uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 c. Flax seeds
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ c. Dried Fruit
- 1/2c. Crushed Walnuts
- ¼ c. Brown Sugar
- 1/8 c. Agave Nectar
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9”x9”glass baking pan or pie plate.
- Wash quinoa if necessary.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flax seeds, and crushed walnuts**.
- Pour mixture into a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Heat a medium dry frying pan over medium heat. Toast the quinoa in the pan until golden brown or until it just starts popping.
- In a medium bowl add dried fruit, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Once the oat mixture and quinoa have been toasted add them to the dried fruit mixture.
- Add agave nectar, honey and salt.
- Mix until everything is coated with the honey and agave.
- Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish, press down firmly and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Seal bars in an airtight container.
**If your quinoa is prewashed there is no need to toast separately. Add the quinoa to the oats and flax seeds and toast in the oven.